Author: Denise Octavia Smith
The evolving role of Community Health Workers as trusted messengers
Denise Octavia Smith, survivor of a rare kidney disease and the founding Executive Director of the National Association of Community Health Workers, hosts the February Learning Network webinar “The Evolving Role of Community Health Workers as Trusted Messengers”.
She also spoke at the 2020 ABIM Foundation Forum about health equity and trust through the lens of a patient during the pandemic.
- Intentionally building trust through system changes
- Addressing the loss of trust in safety culture
- Building trust after causing harm
- Building trust with the LGBTQ+ community
- Achieving quality and safety in health care starts with trust
- Building Institutional Trust
- The intersection between firearms and health care
- How to build trust at your organization
- Building trusting relationships by using the right language
- Learning Network Webinar Series: Providing support following a patient harm event
- Conversation Series: Trauma and healing in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Learning Network Webinar Series: Developing strategies to make care more affordable