Author: Denise Octavia Smith
The evolving role of Community Health Workers as trusted messengers
Denise Octavia Smith, survivor of a rare kidney disease and the founding Executive Director of the National Association of Community Health Workers, hosts the February Learning Network webinar “The Evolving Role of Community Health Workers as Trusted Messengers”.
She also spoke at the 2020 ABIM Foundation Forum about health equity and trust through the lens of a patient during the pandemic.
- Generating verified content to dispel misinformation
- Countering medical misinformation through social media
- Counteracting medical misinformation
- Building trust through community partnerships
- Intentionally building trust through system changes
- Addressing the loss of trust in safety culture
- Building trust after causing harm
- Building trust with the LGBTQ+ community
- Achieving quality and safety in health care starts with trust
- Building Institutional Trust
- The intersection between firearms and health care
- How to build trust at your organization