Achieving quality and safety in health care starts with trust
For over 20 years, The Leapfrog Group has analyzed health care data on quality and safety so people can make better health care decisions for themselves and their families. But quality and safety cannot be assured without first building trust.
Leah Binder, President and CEO of The Leapfrog Group, and Richard J. Baron, MD, MACP, president and CEO of the American Board of Internal Medicine and ABIM Foundation, discussed how loss of trust can put patient safety in jeopardy, why transparency – both when things go right and wrong – is critical to building trust, and how lessons learned from the Building Trust initiative can lead to measurable improvements in quality.
- Building organizational trust in health care
- The overlooked role of physician trust in patients
- Advancing health equity and trust in health care
- Generating verified content to dispel misinformation
- Countering medical misinformation through social media
- Counteracting medical misinformation
- Building trust through community partnerships
- Intentionally building trust through system changes
- Addressing the loss of trust in safety culture
- Building trust after causing harm
- Building trust with the LGBTQ+ community
- Achieving quality and safety in health care starts with trust