Conversation Series: Building trusting relationships by using the right language
Philip Alberti, PhD, Founding Director of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Center for Health Justice, and Pamela Browner White, Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer and Senior Vice President of Communications at ABIM and the ABIM Foundation, discussed the AAMC’s new Center for Health Justice, which was created in 2021 to address health inequities and improve community health across the US.
Philip also offers insight into the newly developed health equity communication guide, which was published jointly by the AAMC Center for Health Justice and the American Medical Association to support clinicians’ conversations with patients. The comprehensive guide promotes a deeper understanding of equity-focused, first-person language and why it matters. Philip and Pamela discussed why this language is so important in building trusting relationships and its impact in delivering equitable care for all.
- Conversation Series: Achieving quality and safety in health care starts with trust
- Building Institutional Trust
- Conversation Series: The intersection between firearms and health care
- Learning Network Webinar Series: How to build trust at your organization
- Conversation Series: Building trusting relationships by using the right language
- Learning Network Webinar Series: Providing support following a patient harm event
- Conversation Series: Trauma and healing in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Learning Network Webinar Series: Developing strategies to make care more affordable
- Conversation Series: Distributed, decentralized and digitally-enabled care
- Public Agenda is building trust with patients
- Conversation Series: COVID-19’s impact on trust
- Introducing the Building Trust Initiative